Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Profile progress

I've been able to get to the library and look at a few more resources. I think next week Monday is when I'll have to try to get in touch with the Kalamazoo Valley Museum curator. It's been really difficult to get around and do anything.

I hate Michigan spring. Every year that I've been here I've had bronchitis. Never had bronchitis before I came out here.

I really feel like workshop helped me to figure out what the focus of the piece should be. I really think focusing on the DGL history and its connection to the tornado that came racing through the cemetery first will be the best angle for approaching this story. It's interesting to try to figure out what the story should be. I still haven't found a way to let the story tell itself to me; I try to figure out what it is without hearing what it wants to say first.

If anyone knows of any other sources I could interview about the tornado, perhaps a professor who's been here that long, I would love to hear it.

No comments: