Thursday, April 5, 2007

And So It Emerges

I knew that camp would have to play into my personal narrative somewhere. It's been the one thing I've been discussing with the majority of my friends for the past several months, preparing for the next summer. And it really is a place that has shaped my life. I hope to be able to share that with everyone through the assignment, as it gathers together in bits and pieces. The overarching story will be about camp and how I met my significant other; the experiences I had prior to working as a staff member will be able to show, I hope, some of the larger picture.

I really am enjoying this class as a way to bring forth the creative side of me... and I pray that it is the vehicle that shapes me into the messenger I want to be. At this point, so close to being finished with my undergraduate experience, I want the SIP I feel driven to write to be the culminating factor, the glue that binds it all together into something that was more than marking time in a classroom. I am not yet ready, but hopefully this will be the forge that makes it possible.

And I can't do it alone. Please, feel free to criticize my writing. It is only through challenge and pain that real growth tends to emerge, at least for me on a personal level and as a writer. I invite it. I welcome it.

No comments: